2012 International Volunteer in Forest Bureau summer program

2012年8月24日 星期五

Time to say goodbye Shuangliou :-)

These 2 months are close to the end. I cannot believe. Wow, the time in Taiwan flowed like water therefore I have to write my last article. Thus at the end I’d like to say something about my experience and feelings.
Before my way to Taiwan, I was quite nervous, because, oooo my god, it’s in Asia – so far and so different from my country. My parents cannot believe and my friends asked me If I’m normal. My fears were useless.
The fact is that only one my friend said me that people from Taiwan are very nice and polite. I can say now “It’s true”.
Firstly about my work experience. Because of this working location in Shuangliou I gained new knowledge about nature and environment. People very often discuss about environment and ecology in Czech Republic. Now I saw how citizens take care about nature in another country and I hope that everything what I learned in Taiwan I will be able to introduce and apply in my country. The next thing is that although I spent a lot of my time in nature I wasn’t interest about insects, plants and animals there, but this experience compelled me change my minds. I will know more about insects, plants and animals there. After work here I should introduce something (for example monument, city or animal) for people without problems therefore I can apply in my measure – management of tourism.
Because of work in nature center I also had a chance to know more about aboriginal children. In my opinion these children are quite different from European children and also from Taiwan’s city children.
Next thing what I learned here is how to communicate with people from other culture. It’s very interesting for me live with people from Taiwan and Indonesia, because everyone has different habits, minds and behaviour.
I recognized new culture, new customs, tried new food and drinks and met new friends, who became like my Taiwan’s family. Thanks of them my sojourn in Taiwan was easier. During this project their roles transformed from student to helpers, translators, informants, caterers, trips planners, cookers, rescuers and also teachers. So first and big thank you belong to them, because the life in Taiwan without them could not be so perfect, amazing and exciting like was. I’m really happy that we spent almost every day together and that we have very good relationship. I will never forget them!
Further I would like to say “thank you” for everyone, who contributed on this project and gave me a chance to work here.
I can promise now that when I will come back to home I will attempt to propagate Taiwan everywhere.
If you wanna enjoy this project or only visit Shuangliou and Taiwan, don’t hesitate!! I can say – I love Taiwan.

- by Petra -














沒有留言:

張貼留言